KDC & Partners is a firm of attorneys-at-law whose sphere of activities basically covers what is best referred to as business law in the broad sense of the term. Each attorney works in one or more specialised fields so as to meet all the needs of companies and private individuals involved in the business world.
The firm was established in 1995 by attorneys from larger entities, also established in Brussels. Given their past experience, these attorneys offer their clients personalised assistance for companies and private individuals.
In addition, the attorneys at KDC & Partners also aim to meet the needs of international clients.
In fact, over the years the partners at KDC & Partners have developed a network of relations with a series of firms in diverse locations in Europe and in the United States.
The firm therefore offers its services to both national and international clients and represents them before Belgian courts and international centres of arbitration.
The members of KDC & Partners can deal with cases in French, English and Dutch.
The firm’s headquarters is located at Avenue des Gaulois, 33, 1040 Brussels, in the heart of Brussels' business district and just a stone's throw from the seat of the European institutions.
This head office is also easily accessible from the airport and the main railway stations as it lies opposite the Merode metro station. Parking is easy and a taxicab stand is nearby.
Area of expertise
KDC & Partners works mainly in the field of business law, providing legal assistance and advice or litigation.
KDC & Partners can deal with dossiers in the following areas:
- Commercial law in general
- Company law
- Construction law
- Real-estate law
- Commercial leases, housing leases and any other real estate leases
- Commercial contracts and distribution agreements
- Insurance law
- Labour law
- Social security law
- Accountancy law
The rate or rates applicable are defined and agreed from the outset of providing legal services.
Unless otherwise agreed, the fee policy adopted by the firm is based on a system of hourly rates. The hourly rate varies between EUR 150 and EUR 250 excl. VAT, depending on various criteria:
- the experience of the attorneys involved,
- the size of the stakes,
- the complexity of the matter,
- the degree of urgency involved.
Depending on the case, a success fee may be agreed in addition to the applicable rate. This fee is generally defined on the basis of the interests at stake in the dossier.
Unless otherwise agreed, the costs are invoiced separately.
They include :
- the costs themselves (opening the dossier, secretariat costs, travel expenses, etc.) which are either estimated at 20 % of the amount of the final fee or invoiced individually (EUR 12,50 excl. VAT per text page, EUR 50 excl. VAT opening the dossier, EUR 0,40 excl. VAT per km travel costs, etc.)
- in principle, KDC & Partners does not bear expenses (process server’s costs, clerk’s office costs, translation costs, transport costs, expert costs). These are usually paid directly by the client.
When the dossier is opened, the client will be asked to pay a provision in line with our deontological obligations. Further invoicing will then be sent to the client periodically, at least once every six months. This will include a statement of services provided on behalf of the client. The provision, the interim statement and the final fee are payable immediately unless expressly otherwise agreed.
KDC & Partners – Attorneys
Avenue des Gaulois, 33
- Phone number
- +32 (0)2 737 70 60
- Fax number
- +32 (0)2 737 70 69